Feel inspired with our collection of fond food memories! All about indulgence, perfection and proper home cooking, the our ‘Lets talk recipes’ cookbook feature delivers on that promise!
Nigel Turner – “This dish brings me back to 2007 when my then girlfriend and I travelled to Riveria Mayo, Mexico on holidays. I had arranged a candlelit dinner on the beach. We ate lobster in champagne, enjoyed the views and then I popped the question! Thankfully she said ‘Yes’. Recently we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary and now have 3 amazing children.”
HANDS-ON TIME 15 MINS
COOK TIME 25 MINS
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
- 2 lobster tails
- 160ml champagne
- 2 spring onions
- ¼ tsp salt
- 60ml whipping cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp of chopped
- fresh dill
- Combine the lobster tails, champagne, chopped spring onions and salt in a pan. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a medium low, cover the pan and simmer until lobster is cooked through, approximately 15 mins. Transfer the lobster to a plate.
- Stir cream into the champagne sauce. Bring to the boil and cook until the sauce is reduced to about 75ml, this will normally take 5 to 10 mins.
- Whisk butter into the champagne sauce, 1 tbsp at a time until sauce is smooth. Cover the pan and remove from the heat.
- Remove the lobsters tails from their shells and slice into medallions. Place on a plate. Spoon the champagne sauce over the lobster medallions.
- Season with salt and pepper.